Friday, November 28, 2008
This great little stationary holder kicks off our VIRTUAL WORKSHOP. I think you will agree this will make such a fabulous gift for ANYone. Check out post # to see how this holder works great as a Christmas Organizer, the perfect place to jot down a note or handle all those store reciepts.
I plan to give THIS holder to my nephew. He is always so thoughtful with notes and thank yous. I made it a bit more on the masculine side for him. This would be a great gift for any dad!
To order a kit with this project in it simply email me and ask for the CARD HOLDER KIT. Your kit will include all supplies needed (other than adhesive) to create FIVE holders (cards, envelopes and pens not included.) Everything will be precut and prescored in your kit. Use the stamp set Happiness is a Journey, as I did or choose one of your own. These CARD HOLDER KITS are only $15. You can purchase the CARD KIT which includes five cards with envelopes for only $5. I used the mini RSVP ink pens. The regular sized pens work just as well.
Check back in an hour or so for the next VIRTUAL WORKSHOP project.
Holiday Organizer/Stationary Holder
Designer Series Paper
Coordinating Card Stock (one color 8.1/2 x 11 and another color 2 x 5)
Neutrals Card Stock (Whisper White, Very Vanilla or any of this sort)
Ribbon (about 20 to 25”)
12 x 12 cutter and score tool
1. Trim DSP to 4x5.
2. With the 8.1/2 side to the TOP of the cutter, score card stock at 6.1/2.
3. With the 11” side to the TOP of the cutter, score at 5.1/4 and 5.3/4.
4. Use your cutter to cut a slit in each center score to create opening for pen.
5. Feed ribbon through slits from INSIDE holder, wrapping around pen.
6. Use Sticky Strip to adhere ribbon to outside of holder.
7. Adhere DSP to front of holder.
8. Layer with coordinating card stock.Stamp image of choice and adhere over coordinating card stock.