"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Friday, November 28, 2008

Bookmark Cards


This card can actually be found on page 56 of the Idea Book and Catalog. In the catty (catalog) it is made with the "Always" stamp set. (loooooove that set! really neeeeeeed that set! he.) These little paper clip bookmarks make great gifts and this is the perfect card to showcase the bookmark. It's always fun to give books as Christmas gifts (especially those "treasured Christmas stories" type of books) and to accompany the gift book, you will want to give a cherished bookmark.
*
These BOOKMARK CARDS come in kits with all supplies needed (except adhesive... you will want to be sure you have Stampin' Dimensionals for this project) to create 5 Bookmark Cards. The cost of these kits is only $10. Remember I will only take orders for the Virtual Workshop Kits THROUGH SUNDAY.
*
Check out another version of this card seen below. I love showering my childrens' teachers with little gifts all year long. (No, I'm not kissing up. he. I just REALLY like to stamp. You know THAT is true, huh?!) Most teachers love to read so this would be a great little thank you card.
*
OH! And did I mention I used the stamp set "Holiday Blitz?" Well, I did... because... it's the perfect set for these adorable little bookmarks. I really like the idea of the "tie" image in the set and create a card with it for good ole DAD.

Here are your super easy instructions for making this cute little bookmark card. Enjoy! Our VIRTUAL WORKSHOP is almost over.
*
*
Bookmark Card
*
Supplies:
Card Stock (several coordinating colors)
Ribbon (about 12")
Scallop Circle Punch
1.1/4 and 1.3/8 Circle Punches
(other circle punches if you have smaller image as seen in my samples)
Dimensionals (these are a MUST for this project!)
Hobby Blade
Jumbo Paper Clips (can be found at any variety store)
*
I also used my Crafter's Tool Kit to punch tiny holes around my scallop. This is a great look but not neccessary to recreate.
*
1. Start with a regular size card (5.1/2 x 8.1/2)
*
2. Stamp front of card with a decorative background. (I used Baroque Motif... it goes with ANYTHING.)
*
3. Punch all circles needed for your card. (see photo of how mine lay out for this sample.)
*
4. Apply Dimensionals to BOTH SIDES of paper clip.
*
5. Press focal image of bookmark to paper clip. Press remaining scallop to the back of the focal image.
*
6. The mat for your bookmark measures (color #1) 2 x 4.3/4 and (color #2) 2.1/4 x 5. Layer these.
*
7. Using 12x12 cutter or a ruler and hobby blade, cut a slit in the mat big enough to nestle bookmark.
*
8. Apply Dimensionals to mat.
*
9. Tie ribbon around mat and bookmark.
*
10.Adhere to card.







No comments: