You are going to LOVE this fast and fun photo album... oops, I mean PHOTO FOLDER. It uses a plain ole file folder. Can you believe it?! THIS will be the perfect gift for Grandma! OH! Can you just picture it... new baby gift. Oh ya.
I used the stamp sets "Autum Harvest," "Full of Life," and "Enjoy Every Moment." The DSP I used can be found in the Holiday Mini Catalog (click on this icon to the right hand side of my blog and it takes you right to the Mini.) This DSP is called "Autumn Vine." I like it because of the Sage Shadow in it. I don't use that color often and this paper is so pretty with it.
Would you like to have a project kit of this PHOTO FOLDER? Each kit may be a bit different because of the DSP (Designer Series Paper.) When you place your order by emailing me, you can actually REQUEST a different DSP. I have others and may have the one you prefer for your Photo Folder. Each kit contains all supplies needed (other than adhesive) to create TWO Photo Folders. You will recieve TWO FULL SHEETS of DSP in your kit. When you make your kit request, please ask for the PHOTO FOLDER Kit. These kits are only $15.
Whether you order the kits or not, try jumping in and stamp with me this weekend! C'mon! It's easy. Just use the product you have at home and create something you see here during my Virtual Workshop. You can order product from me anytime during the workshop. Send me an email with the items you wish to order. ALL KITS WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE END OF THIS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30th. So make your request right now and promise to send your payment immediately.
I know you are just dancin' around waiting to find out how to make this super great Photo Folder so I won't keep you from it any longer. Enjoy!
Designer Series Paper
Coordinating Card Stock (at least 4 sheets of one color and two to three sheets of two or three different colors)
Neutral Card Stock (Whisper White, Very Vanilla, any of that sort)
Ribbon (about 18 to 20")
Plain File Folder
Metal File Fastener
1. Begin by deciding how much of your folder you want to cover. For mine (shown here,) I used 6" for my bottom panel (both inside and outside.)
2. Trace a different sheet of DSP for the top panel.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for inside of the folder.
4. Use Sticky Strip to adhere the ribbon.
5. Cut one sheet of card stock to 5.1/4 x 7. Layer each piece 1/2" smaller in length from that sheet. (ie. the next piece would be 5.1/4 x 6.1/2. then the next would be 5.1/4 x 6. etc.)
6. Score each cut piece of card stock at 3/4".
7. Apply a tiny bit of adhesive to the scored area of each and layer so your photo pages are "stair stepped."
8. Using the metal fastener as a guide, mark where the holes will be punched.
9. Punch through all photo page with a Cropadile.
10.Add metal fastener and cover with a piece of DSP. (measurements will depend on the type of fastener.)
11.Use Sticky Strip on the back side of the last photo page to adhere to Photo Folder.
12.Decorate as desired.