"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Monday, July 20, 2009

Christmas in July Announcement, Baby Cards, and a Yummy Summertime Recipe

Wow, lots to chat about today...
first of all...
it's CHRISTMAS IN JULY!
This Sunday is our Christmas Card Stamp Camp.
We will stamp up 20 cards (of the same design)
for just $15!
Ya, can you believe that?!
All supplies (except adhesive, please BYO) are included.
YOU MUST RSVP FOR THIS CAMP BY THIS FRIDAY!
(There will be no kits available for late registration.)
to register for this camp.
Check back here soon for pics of the CARDS we will be making.
*
Now onto an adorable little card...
isn't it just precious?!
I used the new set "Animal Stories"
from the new 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog.
If you don't have your copy of this amazing
idea book, you can call or email me right away.
It is a MUST HAVE!
*
I am making up some of these cards
as a gift for a friend who just had a sweet baby girl.
The card reads "One little baby... many happy hearts!"
This verse comes from the set called
"Curvy Verses" and is also in the Idea Book and Catalog.
The inside of the card is blank so
my friend can write whatever she likes.
*
And yes, at last... I have a recipe for you!
It's been forever since I've included
a recipe in my posts.
If you know me any at all,
you know that I REALLY enjoy cooking
for my sweet little family (when I have the time, that is.)
My fav recipes are those "tried and true" ones
from real people that don't use
tons of spices I've never heard of. LOL
So... here it is... one of my FAVORITE summertime dishes...
*
RIVER STEW
2 med potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/3 lb baby carrots
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/2 med onion, quartered
1/2 lb smoked sausage, sliced in quarter size bites
1 stick margarine
seasoning salt of choice, as much as needed for personal taste
*
Onto a 18x18" piece of HEAVY DUTY foil, sprayed with cooking spray, layer all ingredients as listed here. Loosely, fold foil up and around ingredients. Seal well. Wrap a second time to prevent leaking. Grill over low indirect heat for 30-40 minutes. Open carefully before serving.
*
OM, this is sooooo yummy! We call this river stew because we always make this when we go boating on the river with my family. Funny how things like that come about. he. he.
*
Please let me know if you decide to make it and what you think of it, especially if you change a this or that. I'd love to know how yours turns out! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute new card:)!!