"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Friday, November 23, 2007

Smell of Snow


Although it is not snowing where I am, it is very chilly and the smell of snow is in the air. The kids and I got all the Christmas decorations out today and Dean hung the house lights. Ooooooohhh, I just love this time of year. I created this EXTREMELY simple card today. I think it just might be the most simple card I've ever made... and I love it! It reminds me of a day warm inside while the beautiful snow gently falls outside. Speaking of the "smell of snow..." I love cold days with the crock pot fired up. I am a big crock pot cooker so mine is usually going all year round. But there is just something about those yummy crockpot recipes in the winter time. Here is one that my entire family freaked out about today...


*Spicy Pot Roast*
3-4lb pot roast
salt & pepper to taste
3/4oz pkg. brown gravy mix (I used 3TBsp of brown gravy powder.)
1/4 cup ketchup
2tsp. Dijon mustard (I used Beer & Brat Mustard.)
1tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8tsp. garlic powder
1C water
In slow cooker, sprinkle meat with S & P. Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over meat. Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4-5 hours. (I cooked on High.)

Please send me your favorite crockpot recipes! Just email me! I love sharing recipes!

No comments: