"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Friday, November 28, 2008

Virtually Yummy!

Yes, this was VERY VERY yummy! Let me just tell you why I had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day... my little sweetheart of daughter was sick so we had to miss celebrating with my family like we always do... and I came down with a migraine. Ya.

But wait! (There's always more, huh?) Dean had planned to cook a rotisserie chicken (he makes the BEST) and I had planned to make all the "fixin's." We had decided we would just have our very first Thanksgiving at home and enjoy being together.

That was... until my migraine came. O... M... it was a bad one. I tried everything I usally do to get them to at least settle where I can just "handle it." This one was determined to stick around. When this happens (which isn't very often since I've learned how to control them,) I am usually out of commission until the next day. So you can imagine my disappointment having gotten it so early in the day.

And this is why my Thanksgiving Day was so wonderful... my dearest and most amazing husband jumped in and started making our Thanksgiving dinner. AAAAAAND... he took a break (well, okay... I actually begged because I was on the verge of calling 911) to massage my arm (which is one of the ways I have learned to control my migraines.)

He had no idea how to alter my Aunt Imagene's (Imie, that is) recipe for Stuffing Casserole. Would you believe he looked at her recipe (for an army, BTW. you know how good-ole country cookin' is) and created HIS OWN. Can you believe it?!!! Ya. Me neither. He really is an amazing guy. And it was so delicious!

It's been awhile since I've shared a recipe on my blog so I thought I would wrap up the Virtual Workshop with some yummies. (My migraine actually was GONE by 6:00... just in time to help finish up dinner and feast... well, okay... PIG OUT.) Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!


Dean's Version of Imie's Stuffing Casserole

2 chicken quarters
1 can cream of chicken
1 can golden mushroom
1 box of chicken flavored Stove Top Stuffing
2 stalks of celery, sliced
minced onion
butter

Boil chicken pieces. Saute celery and minced onion in butter. After chicken has boiled, pull from bone. Save broth for later. Mix chickent and sauteed veggies with soups and stuffing. Now is when you might want to add some of the broth to give moistness. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or golden brown.

No comments: