"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Friday, November 28, 2008

Super Sweet Snowman

What I love most about snowmen is they keep the Christmas Spirit alive long after the holidays are over. I SO enjoy having my snowmen fill my home with the magic of Christmas sometimes until Valentine's Day arrives. They are just so cute and lovable! So what I love about this card is how it can be used well into the new year... thinking of you, warm wishes, miss you, thank you, or just anything your heart desires to say.

Let me tell you how I made the card shown above. Then be sure to check out a slightly different version of the card shown below. There you will also find photos and instructions for that card as well.

For the card above, I used the stamp set "Snow Swirled." I used Ballet Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock. The large snowflake is inked in Whisper White CRAFT Ink. The smaller snowflake is inked in Ballet Blue CRAFT Ink. Both snowflakes are embossed with Iredescent Ice Embossing Powder. (I only embossed the WW ink on my snowman.) The snowmans' cute little head is cut from the Coluzzle. His eyes are punched using the 3/4" circle punch. And I hand cut his cute carrot nose. Easy peasy!

Now, for the card below...
as you can see in the photos, I used my BIG SHOT from Stampin' Up! with my "snow" embossing folder from another company (wink.) There is SO MUCH you can do with the Big Shot. It truly is a valuable investment. (PURCHASE THE BIG SHOT DURING MY VIRTUAL WORKSHOP AND RECIEVE A SIZZLIT DIE FREE.) Check out all Big Shot products in the Mini Holiday Catalog located in the right hand side of my blog.

Emboss the blue AND the white 1/2 circle with the snow folder. Then gently rub the WW Craft Ink over the snowflakes of the blue card stock. Use Ballet Blue Craft Ink to gently rub over his head. Run the Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie through the Paper Crimper. Then punch the eyes and cut the nose. Assembe just like the card above. For the second snowman card I added a tag created with Warm Words and Snow Swirled. I stamped first and then punched with the Tag Punch. Add some silver cord found in the Holiday Mini and you are all set.


No comments: