"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Friday, November 28, 2008

Fold- Out Pop-Up Card


This card is sure to "wow" your recipient and make them feel so special. Every time I see one of these cards I can't help but think "oh, that's so cute!" It works great with photos in place of the stamped images... a great gift for family members. And what I like most about it is it can double as a gift card holder. Ya! check out the photos below to see how I tucked the gift card inside. Simply secure the card with paper clips on each side to keep the gift card snug inside. I used little red ones on my card.
*
This card is so stinkin' easy, I actually thought about not putting pictures with my tutorial. It really is that easy! But pics are always helpful so here ya go...
When you order these kits, be sure to ask for the FOLD-OUT POP-UP CARD Kits. Your kit will include all supplies needed to create FIVE cards. Kit cost is only $10. Just email me to place your order. Check out my "Kit Specials" and "Purchasing Promos" on the right hand side of my blog.
*
*
Fold-Out Pop-Up Card
Supplies:
Designer Series Paper
Coordinating Card Stock (one sheet of 8.1/2 x 11 and one or two other colors)
Neutrals Card Stock (Whisper White, Very Vanilla, that sort of color)
On Board Essentials or On Boar Simon Upper Chipboard (for the heart)
Craft Ink (to color chipboard)
12 x 12 cutter and score tool
*
1. Trim 8.1/2 x 11 sheet to 4.1/4 x 11.
2. Score at 1.1/2, 3, 5.1/2, and 8.
3. Trim three different patterns of DSP to 1.1/4 x 4, 2.1/4 x 4, and 2.3/4 x 4.
4. Place each of these pieces in the appropriate area of card.
5. Color chipboard heart by laying it onto the craft ink and press lightly with tweezers. (Classic ink can be used but I have found Craft works much better for color and quickness.) Allow to dry.
6. Stamp focal image and color as desired.
7. Apply heart and images to card.
*
For this card, I used the stamp set "Loads of Love." Valentine's Day will be here sooner than you know it. Wouldn't this make the greatest Valentine card?!
Stay tuned or check back often for more VIRTUAL WORKSHOP ideas. Thanks for looking!



No comments: