"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

With Stamping Sympathy

This card was created with sympathy for the Gardner family who lost their dear Heather, Shelli's mother, this past Sunday. Having just experienced the loss of my 94 year old grandmother just last week, I have deep empathy for Shelli and her family to have to endure this event at Christmas time. However, my grandmother was 94 and had lived a wonderful life until the past year and a half. Heather went unexpectedly and no doubt the suddenness of her leaving wieghs heavy on this dear family. For that, my greatest sympathy goes out to them. Never is a good time, but no greater time is now. Just as one would experience the sweet smell of a rose (and I see in my mind the memory of my adorable little great neice toddling around the funeral home this past Friday evening offering to everyone a chance to smell a rose given to her by my dad,) may Shelli and her loved ones experience the sweet smelling love of Christ.

"The widerness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the ROSE. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with the joy and sining: they shall see the glory of the Lord, and the excellency of our God." Isaiah 35:1,2.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

OMgoodness this is truly a work of art! So beautiful.