"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Scrapbooking Tips


TIP TIP TIP
You ready for this one...
DO NOT BE CREATIVE!
Yes, I can hardly believe those words came from my mouth.
If you know me personally,
you know this is not something I would usually encourage.
Hear me out on this one.  he he he.
There are so many amazing designers around!
Let them create for you!
COPY COPY COPY!
*
Sometimes I will create from a skeleton sketch
(such as the ones you see on Triple the Sketch or Page Maps)
and sometimes I will create from a finished page of someone else's.
My paper and embellishments can be completely different.
My placement of those items can be exactly the same.
I get so many pages completed using this tip!
 *

*

TIP TIP TIP
"Stick to it!"
Using sheets of sticker letters really speeds
up my scrapbooking process.
I actually prefer to STAMP my titles because
I can create a much more eye-catching title with stamps.
However, since I have SO MANY photos
I'd like to have in albums and
very little time to get them there,
I need super fast techniques to speed the process.
*
When I am scrapbooking multiple pages at one time,
I will use the same sticker sheet on many of my pages
(especially if the theme is the same.)
This may seem a bit boring to some scrapbookers
but again, I'm going for speed.
And let's face it, when my family members
are looking at my albums long after I am gone...
the great great grandkids aren't going to notice
that Granny used a certain lettering system over and over.
he he he.
   *

1 comment:

Debi said...

Kelly your kids are beautiful!