"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jessica's Gifts

Despite my love for and loyalty to Stampin' Up!, I absolutely adore Bella Stamps! This anorexic hip chic is just so stinkin' cute. What is it about her?! I created this card and these gifts for a dear friend's daughter-in-law and her first sweet gift from God.

The album is a "Book of Blessings." One page is for a pic of the baby while the other side is for a friend or loved one's words of blessing. Jessica had the album at her baby shower for her guests to write their blessings in as they arrived. The tin is filled with more note cards for additional blessings in the case of which the book was filled.

I just love this Bella image. I trimmed out the belly and popped it up. Oh how I wish the photo could have gotten the effect better. It cracks me up just looking at it IRL. The belly is all pokin' out... as it should be, he.

My blessing for Adam and Jessica is for every "LAST" to be more enjoyable than the "FIRST." Many times we parents get so caught up in the "firsts" that we forget to enjoy the "lasts" just as much. I never cry on the first day of school. I always cry on the last. I enjoy the last game of the season more than the first, the last day of summer camp more than the first... those sorts of things. I believe the "lasts" are God's way of saying, "Look! Just look what I've done with your precious one. And just wait til you see what's next!" Ahhh, yep... THAT I love! May you always enjoy the "lasts."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What darling projects!! LOVE them!! :)