"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shout Out with WHISPER White


Whether you are a card maker or a scrapbooker or both, there are three essentials to making a card or page really "pop." One is BALANCE (or layout.) One is COLOR. One is DIMENSION. I guess you could call these the B, C, & D's (instead of the ABC's) of paper crafting. Although I am normally drawn to cards created with colored card stock, lately I have been having fun working with my Whisper White card stock alone. It's been a fun challenge to see just how eye-pleasing I can make a card seem by forcing the COLOR essential of my card to flow only through my inks. I must say I like the end products. I can focus on different techniques to create a "wow" factor.


These cards can be created at my next Stamp CAMP this Sunday from 6:30 to 8:00pm. The class is only $10 for all five cards. All supplies are included. You must register by emailing me by Saturday evening (no later than 6:00pm.) I will show you how to incorporate even more color to these Whisper White greetings so you will certainly want to be there!


The above card was created with the rainbow brayer technique. Two-Step Stamping is the feature that creates dimension for this card.

The Thanks card above features a sponging technique that incorporates the scallop punch as well as the large circle punch.

This card gets it's dimension from the color spritzer as well as some added grosgrain ribbon.


This card is quite possibly my favorite. The scallop punch and two circle punches along with some sponging help create the dimension for this card.

Hope to see you at the CAMP!



No comments: