"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Why I love mini albums...


I love mini albums because...
1. they are super fast to throw together!
2. my photos are IN AN ALBUM!
3. they are so cute laying around my home!
4. they make quick and easy gifts!
5. they "theme" my photos nicely!
6. I can scrapbook ANY of my photos ANYTIME!
*

This is an album I created with
MOSD's "Perfectly Shaped" pages within
the "Build a Book" series.
*

As you can see above,
my album is a looooong album.
After easy assembly, it measures 6x12.
Here is how I did it...
*

I used clear packing tape to bring together
two Perfectly Shaped pieces.
This ends up creating ONE of my album pages.
*

For extra support, I added tape to both
the front and the back of my finished long page.
*

Some tape may stick out from the edges.
I simply trimmed this excess away.
After securing each of the pages,
I then covered them with patterned paper.
If there were edges that showed,
I used a sanding block to quickly sand them away.
*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

I kept the spine of my album uniform
with the same Perfectly Shaped
("Tabbed") piece from MOSD.
This made it easier to bind with the Spiral Binding Rings.
Then I used a different Perfecty Shaped piece
for each page of my album.
This creates that eye-catching layered look seen
in each of the photos shown here.
*
Mini albums are so fun to create!
Be sure to sign up for the Vintage Retro album
at Lavender Sentiments Scrapbook Store!
More details here...

1 comment:

2amscrapper said...

I love this autumn album!