"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sketch Challenge #1 Creations

Here are two of my takes for the challenge posted to you here on the left of my blog. I REALLY like this sketch because I love working with the circle punches... or any punches for that matter.
*
Have you ever noticed ALMOST ALL of the samples in Stampin' Up!'s Idea Book and Catalog have SOMETHING TRIMMED OR CUT OUT? Ya, check it out. Go to your catalog... (what? you don't have a catalog?! you need to email me right now and let me take care of that. wink.) look at at least five samples and see if there is something on each of them that has been cut out.
*
Since I don't have time to CUT THINGS OUT all of the time, the next best thing to create this appearance is to PUNCH IT! Thus my reason for lovin' this sketch. My second sample sports blossoms punched with the Boho Blossom Punch and the 1/4" Circle Punch.
*
SAMPLE #1 Uses the Holiday Blitz stamp set. I stamped the leaves in Kiwi Kiss on Kiwi Kiss. Then colored them in with the Versamarker (LOVE the Versamarker for this technique!) I used my Tangerine Tango ink pad on my pumpkin to coordinate with the Haiku (bless you!) DSP. Then I MARKERED over the stem and vine of the pumpkin with my Chocolate Chip and Old Olive Markers. SO EASY!
*
SAMPLE #2 Uses the same beautiful DSP (no sneezing this time, he) only I "flipped" it with my card stock. I added some pretty to the blossoms by using the Pretties Kit. I LOVE the Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon. It is just so lovely! I only used a bit of it by tieing it onto my Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon. Then MAJOR TIP MAJOR TIP... I added a bit of Tombo Liquid Glue to the knot so it wouldn't untie or shift! My "Warm Wishes" from the stamp set Hugs and Wishes was suppose to end up a bit lower so as not to get into my flourish from Baroque Motifs. Rrrg! That is what I get for not using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig!

No comments: