"And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his LOVE into our hearts by the Holy Spirit..." Romans 5:5

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Very First Nimbees Challenge

THIS is my very first Nimbees Challenge card. And now, you ask "what is a Nimbee?" ME! I belong to a great group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators who occassionally swap ideas together and inspire one another. We have a group blog you can check out at this link... NMBS (which if pronounced, sounds like "Nimbees.") You can also find links to most of the Nimbees members' blogs to the right here on my blog. Check them out. They have some FABULOUS ideas!


The very first Nimbees Challenge was a Limited Supplies Challenge from my friend Teresa ( Inkfully Yours ). Each week there will be a new challenge on NMBS to help spark your creativity... OR... to give you inspiration to simply be the best copycat you can be (be sure to read my side panel where it says "Pretty Please.") A Limited Supplies Challenge is when the hostess suggests a few items to work with and you try to only use those items. I LOVE challenges! They really make me think outside my little box.


To create the blossom on this card I used the Scallop Punch for my base, the Large Star Punch for the next layer, and the Five Petal Flower Punch for the main blossom. The leaves were created with the Five Petal Flower Punch as well. All of these punches are available through Stampin' Up!. Contact me via email if you'd like to order them. Then you can make all sorts of beautiful blossoms!


MY CHALLENGE TIP OF THE WEEK: Make sure your aren't spending too much time on your creation. Some of the best cards I've ever seen are ones that take less than ten minutes to make.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, KellyJean!!! I love the flower you created!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and great intro to our group!